Saturday, April 26, 2008
Money vs. Happiness
Money makes the world go round...Love makes the world go round...Whatever it is the world still goes round.

Financial difficulties are never easy. I know that because my family is a low-income family. It is based on my own personal experience. When people say,' I understand what you're going through'. Well, they're talking shit. They don't. Especially when they're from middle- or high- income families. When they say,'I understand how you feel'. Well, let me say it again. Bullshit.Not shit but bullshit. Seriously, have they gone through it? If they have, okay I'll salute them as we're on the same boat. If not just shut up. They'll never know how it feels like to be poor, to be dependent on financial aid, to worry if your dad's pay check will come in, to worry if your refrigerator is filled, to worry if your school fees are paid and etc...Let me just make a list that I have to worry:
-Whether food will be on the table everyday
-School fees are paid or not
-electricity bills are not skyrocketing
-using money very wisely
-whether we will have clothes to wear(most clothes are hand-me-downs from relatives)
-whether we can afford hospital bills when my brother is admitted(he's been admitted twice)
-whether my mum will ever fall sick because if she does, everyone will be affected as the mother is the very heart of the family.
-whether my dad is working moderately and health at the same time because he is our only source of income.
The list is endless....

I know how it feels like to be poor. I am not ashamed to say that I am poor. There are millions of people all over the world who are poor. There are some who are even worst of than my family. It's ok. It is fate.

There was a time when we actually had to starve for a few days, waiting for my dad's pay to come in. That very night he could withdraw his pay from his bank account, we bought food that same night. It was the most delicious meal ever.

Whatever that I have, material possessions and all, are mostly bought or given to me by my aunts, uncles and etc...They are really kind souls. Alhamdullilah... You know what... Even though my family is poor, we're happy. Always. We'll always joke around, laugh at each other,play pranks and etc. Gosh, I love it. In this case, love and laughter makes our world go round. Because what really matter is the family. My family. If you have money, but no siblings or family members to enjoy with, what's the point? If you have family, but no money, you know what, you will still survive. You have each other.You'll work together to survive. I know it might sound 'cheesy' but it is true. That's why family is always at the top of my list. Thank you Allah for everything. The good times and the bad. I'm soo happy that my family is intact and happy. Every obstacle in our path is just a test of our faith. We will remain faithful. Thank you.

12:49 AM