Thursday, January 26, 2006
Last Farewell

The sky blue clouds,

Sailing quietly and solemnly,
As though they knew what had happened,
Earlier on in the day,
When the sun was still high,
It looked like one of those fine days of early summer,
But now,
I have my doubts.

The wind blew from the north,
Swaying the barren branches of the trees,
I looked around,
Nothing is alive anymore,
Or at least,
They were,
Once.

The silence of the vicinity,
Remained unaltered,
Reminiscence of the past,
Came rushing back,
The nostalgia of it all,
Indeed, was overwhelming,
Recalling her smiles,
Her soothing words,
For me to listen and see all that again,
Could only be through,
Letters and photographs.

The sun was lowering in the sky,
I was as I am before,
Waiting and waiting,
For something to happen,
But nothing actually did,
Where I am now,
Is the best place for solitude,
And the peacefulness of it,
Let's the mind to think clearly,
About everything.

For a moment, a wave of warmth washed over me,
For once in all these months, I felt happy
But then,
It was gone,
Like the way she was.
Before,
Saying goodbye seemed to be easy,
Now,
Saying one final farewell to her,
Is the hardest thing to do.
The light is the sky is fading,
And all is still,
I laid my eyes on,
The spot where she will rest,
Until the end of eternity.

As tears welled up in my eyes,
I turned away,
A tear or two slipped down my face,
Softly and gently,
Under my breath,
I said my
Last farewell.

Done by Rusydiah

8:26 PM